The transition to the academic year 2016-2017 is planned step by step as we carefully take into account many factors such as the second examination period, the start of the new academic year, the preparation of internships, ...
Thursday, May 26, 2016
Since the upgrade of the Minerva software in May teachers can start creating their Minerva courses for the academic year 2016-2017. Teachers can currently copy course content of the academic year 2015-2016 to the academic year 2016-2017.
Monday, August 1, 2016
From this date onwards ...
- first year students and other new students can log into Minerva for the first time (once they have received their UGent account after enrolment).
- other students can switch to the new academic year via the link under "Offer 2015-2016". As a result:
- their study offer in Minerva is automatically adjusted according to their official registration in OASIS for the new academic year 2016-2017
- it becomes possible to subscribe to other coursesites from the academic year 2016-2017 (out of interest or curiosity)
- all courses belonging to their official curriculum during the previous academic years remain accessible under Study Offer > Archive.
- students keep their access to infosites (because infosites are not tied to a specific academic year). Students must sign out for infosites that are no longer relevant to them (this does not happen automatically).
Monday, August 29, 2016
Start of the academic year in the Global Campus of Ghent University in Korea.
Monday, September 26, 2016
Start of the new academic year 2016-2017 in Ghent and Kortrijk. From this date onwards ...
- active students need to switch to the new academic year 2016-2017 in Minerva
- inactive students have a few weeks left to (re-)enrol at Ghent University before they lose their UGent account and access to Minerva.